Full-time, permanent in United Kingdom
Full Job Description
Alumni Services is a global digital transformation management consultancy with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and the UK providing high-end expertise to industry leading clients to drive real business improvement through disruptive technologies. We offer advice, provide technology, transformation, and people change expertise to deliver. Our global team are hand-picked experts located all over the globe, with executive-level experience in tech-focused MNCs, consultancies, and start-ups.
Alumni Services are looking for a Technical lead for our UK business and to lead on initiatives for our wider global business.
What We Offer
- A vibrant and entrepreneurial culture where we fuel and realise your ambition
- The chance to work with and learn from a group of global experts in their field
- Career progression, training, and professional development
- Access to global clients and well-known brands across a broad range of industries including Telecoms, Financial Services, Government, Hospitality, and Logistics
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 10 + years’ technology experience including both consulting and software development roles.
- Has acted as a technology leader (e.g. CTO/CIO, Technology Director, Head of Technology/IT, Development Director, Head of Data).
- Significant IT Architecture (more application focused than infrastructure focused) experience specifically in designing and implementing large scale cloud deployments
- Significant technical business transformation experience running transformational projects of greater than 500 people
- Significant experience taking large organisations though wholesale cloud transformation journeys
- Experience transforming and operationalising an organisation to follow a DevOps methodology, showing specific demonstrable outcomes
- Experience in the creation and implementation of technology strategies and roadmaps to enable digital transformation.
- Experience across multiple sectors – these could include logistics, telco, financial services, public sector and/or retail.
- Significant Business Development and Technical Design experience across multiple industries on deals greater than $5 million with at least one deal of greater than $20 million
- Proven experience negotiating deals valued at over $5 million
- Proven experience leading large teams
- 5+ years of experience understanding and implementing emerging technologies and consulting on emerging trends and how they apply to digital transformation and disruption across different industries (e.g. Streaming, blockchain, AI/ML, Robotics, Cloud)
- Experience in technology training and facilitation
- Pre-sales or Service Integration experience.
- Preferably with experience of the publication of technology blogs and/or white papers.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Technology Thought Leader
- Excellent communicator with Leadership skills and ability to engage with clients.
- Very High EQ
- Excellent ability to understand new business and industries very quickly
- Design thinking
- Proficient in Developing frameworks and policies
- Mastery in establishing strong client and supplier relationships
- Demonstrates a hunger for technology and continuous learning mindset.
- Strong commercial focus.
- Self-Starter with pro-active approach and solution focused working style.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Agile Certified
- Project Management Certified
- Togaf Certified
- Cloud Architect Certified
- Masters Degree
Alumni Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and consider and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know when applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent