Full-time, permanent in Singapore
- Agile: 5+ years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Alumni Services is a global digital transformation management consultancy with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and the UK providing high-end expertise to industry leading clients to drive real business improvement through disruptive technologies. We offer advice, provide technology, transformation, and people change expertise to deliver. Our global team are hand-picked experts located all over the globe, with executive-level experience in tech-focused MNCs, consultancies, and start-ups.
Alumni Services are looking for a Singapore based Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts.
The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What We Look For
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Why Work With Us
- A vibrant and entrepreneurial culture where we fuel and realise your ambition
- The chance to work with and learn from a group of global experts in their field
- Career progression, training, and professional development
- Access to global clients and well-known brands across a broad range of industries including Telecoms, Financial Services, Government, Hospitality, and Logistics
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Excellent communicator with Leadership skills and ability to influence the executive team and their direct reports cross-functionally.
- Demonstrates a hunger for technology and continuous learning mindset.
- Self-Starter with pro-active approach and solution focused working style.
Alumni Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and consider and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know when applying.